| What good is a new blog post without at least one picture? |
This week is the first week we have not had to leave the house for a single appointment in about 7 weeks. Better still I haven't had to fill my tank with gas this week because for the first time in a long time we haven't driven outside of the county. Little victories! That being said...I'm exhausted!
I've remained fairly proud of myself. Somehow despite all the things going on I have managed to get Conor out doing something every week. Usually its little gym but social interaction is important so I've been trying my best to have a few more outings when feasible. I also miraculously have managed to keep up with my house. Its not as clean as I would like (never is though) and I haven't touched any of the "projects" I've been wanting to do "when Conor gets older" but it is not a disgusting mess. Its actually cleaner in the last two months then it had gotten in the two months prior to all this. And though I slack I have managed to keep running each week.
I was pretty sure that my house was going to fall apart and running was just out of the question with our schedule for January and February. In fact I had given myself permission to let it go until the appointments slowed down. But I managed. I don't know how. So I'm proud.
Today I took Conor our to try a new gym since it was free. Then I thought it would be a good idea to run some errands. My work shoes fell apart a few weeks ago and we were running out of baby shampoo so I went to the store. That's when I realized. I managed to keep the other stuff juggled because I stopped running errands. Errands are important but can be put off. Especially when I buy in bulk. Now I had been grocery shopping sure. And when something was empty that I would normally go to Target or Wal-mart for I sucked it up and paid grocery store prices because otherwise Mike would have been going without deodorant for two months (You're welcome world!) But I had forgotten how much time errands took with a kid. That's where I found the extra time! (Don't get me wrong I still need at least 3 more hours of non-nap time and 3 more hours of nap time in each day...somebody please figure out how I get that!)
I realized however that while errands with a kid are certainly more difficult (getting in and out of car seats and carts) but I kind of miss running them. They are cumbersome. But wandering around Target when you're not in a rush can be relaxing. Also I put off going to the dentist and getting a pedicure. Now the dentist might not be relaxing but I sure would love to get out and get a pedicure one day....But for now I gave myself nap time off today (did I mention I'm exhausted? I woke up this morning feeling like I had a newborn again I slept so poorly. Not Conor's fault though) So I did the dishes, swept and mopped the floor and now I am forcing myself to relax and watch tv until Conor wakes up. (To be honest though I am seriously considering washing the bathrooms but its best I wait until tomorrow)
No comments:
Post a Comment