I woke up this morning determined to have a productive day!
Every week I start Thursday with the laundry battle. Every week I convince myself that THIS week I'm going to win. I'm going to get all the laundry washed, dried, folded and put away. Inevitably I never win because more laundry ends up in the basket before I finish and then I give up a little and the last load sits folded in the laundry basket waiting to be put away or left sitting in the drier. I'll do it the following week... But last week I got really close. It took all weekend but I got all but a few whites completely finished (there ways not enough for a load). So this morning I was convinced this week I could do it all before the weekend.
When I woke up I debate do I get up and start cleaning or sleep a little longer and wait for Conor to wake up. Mike said I should sleep. He was right. So I slept a little and woke up before Conor started stirring n his crib. I figured I'd get the first load started in hopes of accomplishing my goal. When I went down to start the load I was surprised to find tat Mike had started the first load for me! What an amazing husband! It may seem small but when I got up this morning I was able to start on load 2 of laundry! And so I was even more determined to make today a more productive day! I planned on running, cleaning the bathrooms, doing the dishes and finishing the laundry. And you know what! Check! Check! In progress! AND In progress! It's a good day!
This week I read to friends blogs talking about how amazing their significant other were. I admit they made me feel bad because that morning I had told Mike (jokingly) that I hated him for not hearing his alarm that morning and waking me up. (Please note Mike sets his alarm 30 minutes earlier then mine so he can hit snooze for a while. Which I have no problem with because I like to hit snooze but HIT SNOOZE ALREADY!) But today I have to say Mike really is amazing. He makes life much easier. He even worth all the extra laundry he creates! I really don't know how single moms do it. Because without his little extra help this morning before he went to work I would never have been so motivated today!
Sometimes on this blog I have expressed my sadness and anger. But to be clear there isn't a day that I don't find some happiness. My family is amazing and I wouldn't change them for anything! Moments like these make me smile everyday...
| What's better then rolling with daddy? |
| My boys make me laugh and smile! |
| Nail gun attack! |
| Words cannot describe how much I love Conor's expression |
| This is probably why they tell you not to let kids play with bags! |
No comments:
Post a Comment