I should note that I generally hate health insurance companies but today as in many recent days I find myself saying "Thank God for insurance companies!" Today I had to pick up Conor's orthodics for his shoes. As we were leaving I had to sign the form saying how much they cost, how much insurance pays, how much is discounted because of insurance and how much I owe. I had no idea these little plastic inserts that he will likely outgrow in less then 6 months cost $1300. Holy Cow! My portion? $0! Thank you health insurance! Thank God Mike's job gives us amazing health coverage!
So Conor and I went out to story time and when we came home I put him down and checked the mail. In the mail I found a bill for $165 for his helmet. What?! That thing was $165?! Knowing at this point that medical equipment should cost me nothing I got online and saw that this claim was processed and paid by my health insurance company. So I called the number on the bill and told them I'm showing this bill has been paid. I got some disagreement but thank you internet I was able to email the explanation of benefits and now they will be figuring it out with the insurance company. Again thank you insurance! While I was taking care of the bill I saw all the processed claims from the hospital again and how the thousands of dollars in claims filed over the last 60 days are costing me a mere $150. Thank God!
So since my day has provided me with multiple opportunities that could have potentially been so stress inducing had circumstances been different I've decided to take today to be thankful. Thankful for my family. Thankful for how amazing my son is. Thankful for all we have. Thankful for good jobs, steady paychecks, and insurance. And extremely thankful for all the fun we have together! So thank you God for all you've given me!
 |
| This big kid is ready for high school |
 |
| Modeling that spaghetti belly |
 |
| Sweet little boy |
No comments:
Post a Comment