Friday, March 16, 2012

Life isn't easy but it is good


The weather has changed (knock on wood that it is really Spring and not a tease!) and our family has been loving it! We've been going to the park as much as we can get there. Even taking the dogs sometimes if we think there won't be too many people around.

 He's growing up!

I love going to the park with Conor! It's not necessarily easy (why do they have so many openings on the equipment that a kid can fall off? And why does it alternate sides of the equipment?) but it is easier then being stuck inside all day. Conor loves to be outside and when its nice I can tolerate being out with him for much longer then in the cold. There's also other kids to play with...I can't tell you how happy this makes Conor.


 Knock knock!
 Getting so big!



I also love going to the park with my whole family. There's nothing quite like watching Conor and Mike play together. They have so much fun its wonderful to watch! And I just feel better being out in the fresh air.
 
 Good conversation...

 Log rolls!

So needless to say this past weekend was wonderful and I'm excited about this weekend coming up because it will be nice again. This week however has been a little tough. Its been nice outside so we have played plenty which is great. But Conor has been getting frustrated more lately. I'm not really sure if it's the time change, his limited communication or just the fact that he's turning two. Whatever it is we've had a lot of whining and tantrums this week that have been driving me crazy.

It frustrates me because if I could just understand what he wants or get him to understand me we could solve it but we couldn't quite get there. With a lot of deep breaths, a few early bedtimes and reminding myself over and over how frustrating this must be for him we got through it (for now!). The tests are definitely going to be tough but I just need to keep reminding myself that he's trying to figure it all out and that's a tough task!


Independence...such a blessing and a curse....


Last night I realized with mixed emotions that Conor's turning 2 in two months!! Holy cow!! I'm excited, sad and a little nervous all at the same time. I guess I'm not sad as much as nostalgic(I learned from my previous posts see!) In true mother fashion (maybe new mother I guess) I got excited about his birthday party and discussed with Mike what kind of cake I should try and make him this year. So for the first time I actually set my mind to figuring out Pinterest enough to find some ideas for a cake that would be good for Conor, (For the record I'm still not sold on Pinterest as a hobby but it maybe alright when I need something specific)


And a few more for good measure...

 Kicking me out of my own room....

HAPPY SPRING!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment