Can I make sure we always have such a pure loving relationship? I hope so.
Later we went out. Conor continued making silly squeals. Mike joined in. Who knew a car full of screaming boys could make me laugh and smile and love my life. We drove to Toys R Us to see if they had Ravens jerseys to fit Conor. No luck! But we walked around playing with all the toys. Seems like a good way to get Conor out of the house on a cold winter day. I watched him so excited to play with all the toys. His face really lights up. Toys R Us makes me want to buy every toy for him. But we lack the money and space. I always tell people not to overindulge their kids. Its not healthy for them. I have to practice what I preach. It sure is hard though. So we left with some beach toys that were on clearance. Mike and I recently planned our summer vacation (it has been years since we've gone) and I think we were both a little excited. Oh and it was on sale!
There wasn't really anything special about today or the weekend in general. It left me with an overall feeling of satisfaction with my life. I love those moments.
| Conor's first time playing in snow this weekend, |
Tonight I taught a parenting class. I love teaching the classes but I hate that they are in the evenings. As I left the class Mike texted me that he was doing story time in 2 minutes. Desperately trying not to miss it I called and told him I was on my way home. Too late they already stated. I was crushed. So I raced home desperate not to miss all of story time and prayers. As I raced home I thought about how when I teach these classes I talk over and over about spending quality time with your kids. Ironic I thought that to teach that class I risk missing what is quickly becoming my most favorite quality time with Conor. I drove home amazed at how sad I was to be missing story time. Being a mommy changes you I guess.
When I got home I was so glad to see his bedroom light still on. I raised upstairs just in time to hear the end of "The Cat in the Hat". We said our prayers and I cuddled him and said good night. All and all a good day!
No comments:
Post a Comment