Friday, July 13, 2012

Forever Moments

Lately I've been having lots of moments with Conor that leave me with a feeling I can't really describe. It's a kind of intense joy. It's not a joy that comes from having what one might call the best experience of your life, or even some incredible once in a lifetime moment.It's just a moment that feels truly amazing even though it could be totally ordinary. 

They are moments that even as I experience them (though they may be only seconds) that I think that I could spend forever stuck in this moment. I call them forever moments. They are moments when Conor comes up wraps his arms around my neck and just squeezes. Moments when I'm cuddled in bed with Conor and Mike. Moments like this....


...or this...
...and sort of this (though the heights made me uncomfortable)...

I feel like the difference between life now and life before Conor is that while I have forever moments from before he was born, I didn't realize them at the time. And what truly makes a moment amazing is when you know in that moment how truly lucky you are to be right there.

Life with a two year old is still trying but it sure is filled with a lot of forever moments. So I just hold on during those squeezes and let the moments last as long as they can because when its over I want to hold onto the memory just as tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment